Auteur Topic: Physiotherapy for knee injury?  (gelezen 1127 keer)

Offline Germán Morales

• Lullo
Physiotherapy for knee injury?
« Gepost op: 19 april 2017, 11:19:31 »
I am having knee pain since more than a month ago (since we went to Germany and I took the wrong cassette). Although improving a little bit, the pain is still there and get worse with a bit of effort.

Does anybody know a good place or a specific person to treat this cycling-related injury? Delft, Rijswijk and Den Haag would be good options for me.
Jelle mentioned https://reaxion-fysiotherapiedelft.nl/ anyone familiar with this place?

Offline DanielL

• Ouwe lul
Re: Physiotherapy for knee injury?
« Reactie #1 Gepost op: 19 april 2017, 11:47:33 »
This topic was recently discussed in a whatsapp group: only good reviews about Reaxion.

Offline Rutger

• Burger
« Reactie #2 Gepost op: 22 april 2017, 00:58:23 »
Without knowing any details about your injury I can share some of my experience. I start every season with 'weak' knees. After lots of repetitions some tendon gets sort of inflamed from friction with my knee cap. In my first year of cycling I ignored this, ending up with a leg that couldn't be bent properly for weeks. Very painful. The solution for me is boring but absolutely necessary: squats and lunges, preferably with a bosu ball (weight doesn't really matter, although it can help) to strengthen quadriceps muscles that keep the knee cap in its place. Hope this helps.
Tekenaar van Voske

Offline Germán Morales

• Lullo
« Reactie #3 Gepost op: 24 april 2017, 13:06:22 »
Without knowing any details about your injury I can share some of my experience. I start every season with 'weak' knees. After lots of repetitions some tendon gets sort of inflamed from friction with my knee cap. In my first year of cycling I ignored this, ending up with a leg that couldn't be bent properly for weeks. Very painful. The solution for me is boring but absolutely necessary: squats and lunges, preferably with a bosu ball (weight doesn't really matter, although it can help) to strengthen quadriceps muscles that keep the knee cap in its place. Hope this helps.

I already went to physiotherapy (in Reaxion) and it seems that my problem was because of doing too much too soon and my knee was not ready for that. Indeed, part of my therapy is to do lunges and continue to cycle with low effort at high cadences.

The squads and lunges help you to prevent the knee pain? or once the pain appears to avoid it gets worse?

Do you know anything about the relationship between knee problems and crank length?

Offline waikontse

• Sjaarsch
« Reactie #4 Gepost op: 24 april 2017, 13:21:57 »
Shorter cranks => higher seat position, you will want to compensate for the "missing" length. What it ultimately means is, on your top most
knee position, you will have achieved a less bent knee. Maybe use more of your quadriceps because of the higher position, maybe more comfortable on your drops.

Will you be getting the rotor 3d+ 155mm german ?

Offline Germán Morales

• Lullo
« Reactie #5 Gepost op: 24 april 2017, 13:31:28 »
Will you be getting the rotor 3d+ 155mm german ?

Wow too short, better for me 170mm (or 165 min), I am now in 175mm.